It is not intended for use in a production environment. We expect that there are still missing features in this release. In particular, the following features are NOT YET included:
- updated 32/64 bit binaries (raster drivers)
- GRASS and SAGA GIS binaries (via SEXTANTE)
- third-party extensions (e.g. OpenCAD, NavTable)
- the new extensions manager tool
A continuously updated release announcement, detailing the progress on new features and bug fixes can be found here.
This is a zero-install distribution. Simply unpack it somewhere on your harddisk and start it:
- Linux: start bin/gvSIG.sh
- Windows: start bin/gvSIG.bat
- Mac OS X: double-click the App folder
The gvSIG Community Edition project team.